Friday, February 20, 2009

Photo Shoot @ the future CloudNine or Cloud9

So I went to the location with Tiffany and Debo to get their input on the spot since I know I can get wrapped in a location if I really like it and can sometimes overlook negatives because of my attachments to a spot, so they help me not do this. I was both happy about some of the things I saw and also disappointed in a few things I saw that made me have to rethink and redesign my ideal floor plan that I had envisioned. However I think at this point I am actually really happy with the design that I have so far. The only problems that I still not completely satisfied with is the location and setup of the bathroom and where the HVAC system is. There is quite a lot of work that needs to be done before any decorating and designing can even begin to take place but overall I can see great potential in this location. The next phase would be to meet with my construction guy and get his input on the space and some quick ideas on what work will need to be done and how much it will cost. This will be necessary for me to formulate a educated budget and figure out what I want included in the lease in terms of both price and concessions from the owner. One thing for sure is that the roof, HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing need to all be checked thoroughly because those were my main concerns after the walk-thru. In addition to this i know for sure that there will need extensive work on the walls, ceilings, floors, windows, entrances & exits. I need to start getting some quotes on all of these things as well as deciding how I want to go about my flooring, one idea I was think for both aesthetics and also cost cutting would be to use the now popular choice of cement flooring that has been tinted and stained for the bathrooms. I have so many ideas about this space but I think it will be important for me to try and stay focused on budget rather than the "wants."

No comments:

Post a Comment