Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mon(ey)day

What a dull weekend...Cotton Club weekend used to be such a festive event for me but this year has definitely been one that is not for the record books...at first I was chalking it up to my age but then I started realizing that U of I is just fucking wack nowadays. There are a multitude of reasons as to why shit is just not fun like it used to be primarily due to the fact that the people that are here don't kick it like the people I went to school with it. I think there has been a rapid decline in the coolness of these kids starting in 2001...it has been going downhill ever since and the tipping point was after 2007. Hopefully when I get the club open and my salon we can administer some CPR to this lifeless city because its on the brink of flat lining, with a Do Not Resuscitate order. I did get to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while and that was actually the highlight of my weekend. In addition to this I got alot of good sleep and actually got a LOT of work done in regards to my salon, actually knocked out 6 pages worth of planning, ideas, and documentation for the project.

Tomorrow is a very important day for me I have like 3 or 4 meetings and a few important calls to make that will have a very large impact on my life now and in the future, so I am a bit nervous but highly optimistic. I have to meet with my buddy Phil over at Foellinger to discuss the budget of my show, then I need to contact my intended host and judges. I have to contact my lawyer about some stuff...that I am hoping will be soon taken care of because its really fucking up my whole life. I also have to contact a few other people to tie some loose ends of both my dance comp. show that is going to be in September and also some aspects of the salon. I have to schedule an appointment with Mike Markstahler who is my contractor of choice and see what he is thinking in terms of the project idea and see if we can get a good bid out of him. This will make it necessary for me to find out when he has free time and then coordinate that with David Wetzel's schedule so that he can do a walk thru in the property. Its funny but I am feeling so good about the future right now...its like things are slowly falling into to place...like you have gotten through more than 75% of the puzzle and only have the little bit to go...trying to finish my puzzle to see the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment